TERMS & CONDITIONS
WIN A TRIP ON THE GHAN FOR 2 ADULTS TRAVELLING IN GOLD SERVICE TWIN (Adelaide to Darwin) FLIGHTS INCLUDED – helloworld Ipswich Mall
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must collect from The Queensland Times an entry form. The entries must be original newsprint entries - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The completed entry form must be placed in an envelope marked ‘helloworld The Ghan Competition’ and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to ‘helloworld The Ghan Competition’, PO Box 260, Ipswich, Qld. 4305 (so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich, Qld, 4305; or
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
- A trip for 2 adults on ‘The Ghan’ travelling in Gold Service Twin (Adelaide to Darwin) flights included.
This prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Tickets must be taken as offered and cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash. Profiteering from the tickets is a breach of supply and action may be taken if misused. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Wednesday April 16, 2014 and closes 5pm on Wednesday May 07, 2014. Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations:
- employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- Contestants must be of Primary School age.
5. Draw and notification: The winning contestants must attend the helloworld Ipswich Mall Travel Expo on Saturday May 10, 2014 between 11am – 1pm. Must be present to claim prize.
Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners’ names will be published in The Queensland Times public notices on Tuesday May 13, 2014. The newspaper must be notified with the name, address and phone number of the replacement. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Valid for travel until March 31, 2015. Bookings can only be made and confirmed within 60 days of travel. Subject to availability at time of booking. Non-transferable. Cannot be transferred to another service. Blackouts apply on The Ghan in June, July & August. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize and to be available on the day for acceptance of the prize.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
Promoter: The Queensland Times ACN: 009658244