Terms and Conditions
APN Newspapers – Win a Girls Weekend Away
1. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, Corner Mayne Road and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009657 943. NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/2268.
2. By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for locations and relevant local newspaper).
4. Entry is open to Queensland and NSW Residents only.
5. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
6. Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 9.
7. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
8. The competition commences 00:01am AEST Wednesday March 15, 2017 and closes at 11:59pm AEST Tuesday March 28, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
9. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing below) to register their details in full including (but not limited to) Name, Address, Date of Birth, Email address and Telephone number in the entry form provided then submit their entry. Online entries open 00:01am AEST Wednesday March 15, 2017.
Grafton: The Daily Examiner www.dailyexaminer.com.au/girlsweekend
Gympie: Gympie Times www.gympietimes.com.au/girlsweekend
Ipswich: QT www.qt.com.au/girlsweekend
Lismore: The Northern Star www.northernstar.com.au/girlsweekend
Sunshine Coast: Sunshine Coast Daily www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/girlsweekend
Toowoomba: The Chronicle www.thechronicle.com.au/girlsweekend
Warwick: Warwick Daily News www.warwickdailynews.com.au/girlsweekend
Bundaberg: NewsMail www.news-mail.com.au/girlsweekend
Wide Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/girlsweekend
Gladstone: The Observer www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/girlsweekend
Mackay: The Daily Mercury www.dailymercury.com.au/girlsweekend
Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin www.themorningbulletin.com.au/girlsweekend
Coffs Harbour: Coffs Coast Advocate www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/girlsweekend
10. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 8).
11. Contestants may only enter once.
12. There is no cost to enter the competition; however, internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
13. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
14. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. One (1) Major prize winner will be selected via electronic random draw from all valid entries received across all newspapers shown at Clause 9. The prize includes the following:
One (1) Girls Weekend Away to the Gold Coast, including:
One (1) $500 Voucher redeemable at Robina Town Centre (incl. of GST).
One (1) $500 Voucher redeemable at The Kitchens (incl. of GST).
Two (2) nights’ accommodation in a Two Bedroom Ocean Apartment at Mantra Sierra Grand, Broadbeach, RRP $550.00 (incl. of GST).
Events Cinema Movie Gift Card, RRP $50.00 (incl. of GST).
Maximum RRP of the major winner prize is $1,600.00 (inclusive of GST).
North Queensland Contestants Only
If the winner is from Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Bundaberg, The Promoter will provide Return economy flights to Brisbane for two people; includes return transfers to and from Mantra Sierra Grand, Broadbeach and the winner’s closest domestic airport, RRP up to $800.00 (incl. of GST).
Maximum RRP of the Major Prize if the winner is from North Queensland as shown above, is $2,400.00 (incl. of GST).
17. Further Terms and Conditions of Prizes
18. The winner must collect their prize from their local newspaper office by 4:30pm AEST Tuesday May 9, 2017 or prize will be entered in an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 50).
Information on the use of vouchers from Robina Town Centre and The Kitchens may be located at https://www.robinatowncentre.com.au/legal/gift-card-terms-and-conditions
Information on the use of vouchers for Events Cinema Red Gift Card may be located at https://giftshop.eventcinemas.com.au/products/RedMovieGiftCard
Vouchers must be redeemed prior to the expiry date shown on the voucher.
Accommodation Voucher is subject to availability at the time of booking.
Availability excludes High Season, All State and Territory School Holiday periods and Public Holidays.
Some block out dates apply.
All upgrades/extras are payable at the time of booking.
Voucher is for accommodation only.
Voucher valid until February 22, 2018.
The voucher is not redeemable for cash.
Best rate at the time of booking will be given.
Unused portions are non-refundable.
Check-in time is 2:00pm AEST and check-out time is 10:00am AEST.
Voucher must be shown at time of check-in.
19. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and prize values shown with the Recommended Retail Price. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
20. Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
21. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
22. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
Terms and Conditions of Travel
23. The winner is responsible for all expenses over and above what is included in the prize, including but not limited to spending money, meals, drinks, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, gratuities, service charges, flights (other than specified), accommodation (other than specified), visas, travel insurance, medical costs and all other ancillary costs.
24. It is the participant’s responsibility to take out, at their own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to travel insurance) which may be required or prudent to be taken out.
25. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travel companion are fit to travel.
26. The winner acknowledges and accepts that flying, driving, boating, travel and any other activities comprising travel in the prize, may be inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
27. All travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage.
28. The winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same airport and are responsible for transport costs to and from their place of residence to their nearest airport for flight departure.
29. Air tickets are available on regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos.
30. Frequent Flyer Points are not available from any airline.
31. Cancellation or change to flight itineraries may incur fees. Any fees or charges to cancel or change flight itineraries become the responsibility of the winner.
32. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the accommodation for all incidental charges. 33. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination of travel.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any adverse conditions such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion, acts of terrorism or strikes that may occur whilst the winner and their travel companion is travelling.
35. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
36. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner and their travel companion will enjoy the prize or be suited to the type of prize that is offered. 37. If the prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to provide the participant with a replacement prize of equal or higher value. 38. It is a condition of taking the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the supplier’s requirements. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the trip as stated.
39. The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether they live in the same household or not);
Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
40. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
41. The prize winner will be selected via an electronic random draw at the APN Newspaper office, Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills 10:00am (AEST) Wednesday March 29, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone and email.
42. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
43. The winner’s details will be published in each of the 13 newspaper publications on Saturday April 1, 2017 (See listing at Clause 30).
44. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
45. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
46. The winner’s details will be published in the following newspapers:
Grafton: The Daily Examiner
Gympie: The Gympie Times
Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
Lismore: The Northern Star
Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily
Toowoomba: The Chronicle
Warwick: Warwick Daily News
Maryborough/Hervey Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
Gladstone: The Gladstone Observer
Mackay: The Daily Mercury
Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
Coffs Harbour: The Coffs Coast Advocate
47. The winner must claim their prize in person from their local newspaper office. Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
48. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
49. The prize must be collected by the date specified at Clause 18.
50. Prizes that remain uncollected by the date specified will be re-entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition at APN Newspaper office, Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills Qld at 10:00am AEST Wednesday May 10, 2017. The redraw winner will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
51. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
52. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
53. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss because of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, connected with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.