Conditions of entry: Countdown to Xmas
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Each week of the 6-week promotion is considered a separate competition, with contestants able to win multiple times throughout the competition’s duration.
To enter, contestants must:
- Collect a token from their newspaper, which will be published each day between Saturday November 9 2013 and Saturday December 21 2013, and attach 3 tokens to the entry form. The entry form will be published each Saturday and Wednesday during the 6-week promotion from Saturday November 9 2013 to Saturday December 14 2013.
- Collect a codeword from their newspaper, which will be published each weekday between Saturday November 9 2013 and Saturday December 21 2013, and enter their details and the day’s codeword online at the competition page.
The participating publications are: The Daily Mercury, The Morning Bulletin, The Observer, News-Mail, Fraser Coast Chronicle, The Gympie Times, The Sunshine Coast Daily, The Queensland Times, The Chronicle, Warwick Daily News, The Northern Star, The Daily Examiner.
2. Prizes: Each week of the 6-week promotion is considered a separate competition, with contestants able to win multiple times throughout the competition’s duration.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
Week 1 prize winners will win a $1,000 travel voucher at Flight Centre. There are a total of 12 prizes to be won and the total prize pool is $12,000 GST inclusive. Each winner will receive a Flight Centre Gift Card valued at $1,000 for use before expiry of 12 months from issue date. The Prize provider is Flight Centre Limited. The gift card is redeemable at participating Flight Centre Limited Stores, within Australia. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize may be forfeited.
Week 2 prize winners will win a voucher for $100 (GST inc) to use at one of the nominated retailers, including: Bunnings, Kmart and BCF. Winners will choose their preferred voucher. There are a total of 60 vouchers to be won and the total prize pool is $6,000 GST inclusive. Each winner will receive a voucher valued at $100 for use before expiry of 12 months from issue date. The Prize providers are Bunnings, Kmart and BCF. The gift card is redeemable at participating Stores, within Australia. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize may be forfeited.
Week 3 prize winners will an GoPro Hero3+ valued at $529 GST inclusive. There are a total of 12 prizes to be won and the total prize pool is $6,348 GST inclusive.
Week 4 prize winners will win a system 12 lotto ticket for the New Year mega draw on Saturday December 28 valued at $605.95 GST inclusive. There are a total of 12 prizes to be won and the total prize pool is $7,271.40.
Week 5 prize winners will win a Coles Group voucher for $100 (GST inc). There are a total of 60 vouchers to be won and the total prize pool is $6,000 GST inclusive. Each winner will receive a Coles Group Gift Card valued at $100 for use before expiry of 12 months from issue date. The Prize provider is Coles Group. The gift card is redeemable at participating Coles Group Stores, within Australia. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize may be forfeited.
Week 6 prize winners will an iPhone 5s valued at $864.75 GST inclusive. There are a total of 12 prizes to be won and the total prize pool is $10,377 GST inclusive.
The total prize pool across all (12) participating newspapers is $47,996.40 GST inclusive, with each newspaper’s own prize pool of $3,999.70 GST inclusive.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 5:00am Saturday November 9 2013 and closes at 5:00pm Monday December 23 2013. Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at 5pm each Tuesday of the promotional period from Tuesday November 19 2013 with the final online BONUS draw (the sixth) being drawn at 5pm on Monday December 23 2013 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted via phone or email. Draws 1-5 will take place at the participating newspaper’s offices:
- Mackay, 38-40 Wellington Street, Mackay, QLD, 4740
- Rockhampton, 162-164 Quay Street, Rockhampton, QLD, 4700
- Gladstone, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone, QLD, 4680
- Bundaberg, 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg, QLD, 4670
- Fraser Coast, Shop 2a, 7 Central Avenue, Central Plaza, Pialba, QLD, 4655
- Gympie, 44 Nash Street, Gympie, QLD, 4570
- Sunshine Coast,Newspaper Place, Maroochydore, QLD, 4558
- Ipswich, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich, QLD, 4305
- Toowoomba, 109 Neil St, Toowoomba, QLD, 4350
- Warwick, 50 Albion Street, Warwick, QLD, 4370
- Lismore, Media Centre, 2/793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, NSW, 2480
- Grafton, 55 Fitzroy St, Grafton NSW 2460
The final draw will take place at APN ARM’s head office at Level 3, 33 Park Road, Milton, Brisbane on Monday December 23 at 5pm with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted via phone or email.
Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the newspaper each Thursday during the promotional period. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, ABN No. 95 008 637 643, of Level 3, 33 Park Road, Milton, Brisbane. Authorised under NSW permit LTPM/13/00747 (Grafton) & LTPM/13/00746 (Lismore)