Terms & Conditions
Conditions of entry: Ipswich Turf Club "Fashion of the Fields"
To pre-register complete your details below!
Registrations will be available on the day at the Fashions on the Field Registration Table between 11.30am and 12.30pm.
Pre-registration will close 9pm Thursday June 11, 2015.
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Nominations open from 30th May 2015 and close at 9.00pm on Thursday June 11 2015. Nominations can be done by entering details at http://www.qt.com.au/competitions/2015/05/29/ipswich-cup-fashions-field/ or by registering on site between 11.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday June 13, 2015 at the registration table at the Ipswich Turf Club, 219 Brisbane Rd., Bundamba.
The total number of entrants is limited to 50 in each category and will include the first 50 entrants to nominate/register.
2. Judging Criteria: Entrants will be provided an Fashions in the Field ID number. This ID number must be shown during judging. Entrants will be judged in three categories:
Category 1 - Best Dressed Female
Category 2 - Best Dressed Male
Category 3 - Best Dressed Couple.
Category 4 - There will also be a People’s Choice Award with the winner determined by public vote through www.qt.com.au
Judging criteria will be based on seasonal suitability, originality, choice of hat/fascinator, accessories, attention to detail, deportment skills and smile, overall presentation, elegance etc. Up to 8 female finalists, 8 male finalists and 8 couple finalists will be selected for the finals.
3. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
Category 1 - Best Dressed Female
1st Prize 1 x $2000 Flight Centre Voucher; 1 x $1000 Riverlink gift card; 1 x Colette by Colette Hayman clutch to the value of $50
2nd Prize: 1 x $500 Riverlink gift card; 1 x Colette by Colette Hayman clutch to the value of $50
3rd Prize: 1 x $250 Riverlink gift card; 1 x Colette by Colette Hayman clutch to the value of $50
Category 2 - Best Dressed Male:
1st Prize: 1 x $1000 Riverlink gift card; 1 x $150 Connor Menswear gift card
2nd Prize: 1 x $400 Riverlink gift card; 1 x $100 Connor Menswear gift card
3rdPrize 1 x $200 Riverlink gift card; 1 x $50 Connor Menswear gift card
Category 3 - Best Dressed Couples:
1st Prize: 1 x $1000 Riverlink gift Card
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Competition duration: The competition commences at 1pm Saturday June 13, 2015 and closes at 2pm Saturday June 13, 2015 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible. All entrants must attend the preliminary judging commencing at 1pm which will be held on the grassed area near the Jibboom Lounge on Saturday June 13, 2015 to be eligible for prizes. Final judging will take place approx 2pm on stage at Ipswich Turf Club on Saturday June 13, 2015. Judging will not commence until course officials allow.
5 Eligibility limitations: Entrants who miss the preliminary judging will not be eligible for the final judging. Entrants who do not arrive in time for either the preliminary or final judging will be disqualified. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
6. Winners & notification: The winning entrants will be announced at approximately 2.30pm on Saturday June 13, 2015 at Ipswich Turf Club. Winners will be judged by 3 individual judges and based on the following selection criteria: Judging criteria will be based on seasonal suitability, originality, choice of hat/fascinator, accessories, attention to detail, deportment skills and smile, overall presentation, elegance etc. All winners will be contacted by June 30, 2015 to advise on the collection of prizes. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Queensland Times on Wednesday, 17 June 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
7. Prize collection: All winners will be contacted by June 30, 2015 to advise on the collection of prizes. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification will be forfeit.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries will be used only for competition purposes. By entering this competition, you agree that the promoter may share your information with The Queensland Times. ACN: 009658244 who will assist in facilitating the competition and provide editorial coverage. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to any other parties unless otherwise specified.
Promoter: The Ipswich Turf Club. ACN: 39940361195