Terms and Conditions
Cameron Smith and Johnathon Thurston Testimonial Match Competition (‘promotion’)
1. The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd (‘the promoter’) of 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Queensland 4350. ABN 94 009 658 244. Telephone: (07) 3817 1717.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
4. By entering the competition, entrants give their consent for their personal information to be used for the purposes of determining the winner of the competition. If an entrant does not wish for the Promoter to use their information in this way, they cannot enter the competition.
Who can enter
5. Entry is open to all residents of Queensland who reside in the Ipswich region; except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies.
6. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
7. Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian to be able to enter. The Promoter may require any such entrant’s parent or legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoter’s discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name and signature. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
8. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
10. The competition commences on Saturday February 3, 2018 at 8:30am AEST and concludes on Monday February 19, 2018 at 11:00am AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
11. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter, not the time of submission by the entrant.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
13. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in the QT Newspaper via entry forms inserted between Saturday February 3, 2018 and Saturday February 17, 2018.
14. Entrants may enter the competition by collecting and completing an original entry form, place in an envelope and address it to QT – ‘Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston Testimonial Match Competition’; then:
o Deliver to: 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
o Send to: PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
15. Entrants will be required to send their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, address, post code and telephone number. Each entry form must be sent in a separate, stamped, standard sized envelope. Envelopes with multiple entry forms will be treated as a single entry. Only original entry forms will be accepted, no photocopies, faxes, scans or digital or web prints are allowed.
16. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work and The Promoter reserves the right to verify that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
17. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
(d) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
18. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and /or Promoter.
Number of Entries permitted
20. Entrants may enter as many times as they like; However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
21. The winner will be the first two valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by random draw at the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305 on Monday February 19, 2018 at 11:05am AEST.
22. If any draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
24. The winners will be notified by telephone within two days of the draw. The winner’s details will be published in the QT Public Notices on Tuesday February 20, 2018. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
25. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
26. The individual prize value is up to $140.00 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $280.00 (including GST) as at commencement of the promotion. The winners will each receive:
· One double pass for two people to attend the Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston Testimonial Match at Suncorp Stadium, Milton on Friday February 23, 2018 commencing at 7:00pm AEST.
· The double pass is for admittance to the listed event only and cannot be used to attend any other event nor does the pass include any travel, accommodation, food, meals, beverages or any other incidental cost.
27. The winners must collect their prize from the QT Office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld by 4:00pm AEST Friday February 23, 2018 due to limited season event.
28. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
29. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise because of accepting the prize.
30. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
33. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or another organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
34. The Prize must be taken on Friday February 23, 2018. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
35. Where the prize involves driving, travel or participation in an event, any companions under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times.
36. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Further Terms and Conditions
37. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
38. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
40. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
41. All entries must be sent by post or delivered to the address set out in these terms and conditions. Entries that contain any objects not specified in these term and conditions will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility whatsoever for such entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
42. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
43. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
44. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
45. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants (where applicable). If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
47. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
48. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
49. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
50. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
51. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
52. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
53. The Promoter collects information about an entrant, including for example their name and contact details which they provide when registering or using their services as well as information from data houses, social media services, our affiliates and other entities they deal or interact with for example by using their services.
55. We may disclose their information to our related companies, including those located outside Australia. Any of us may contact an entrant for those purposes (including by email and SMS) at any time. We may also disclose their information to our service and content providers, including those located outside Australia. If they do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide them with the goods and services they require.
56. We may disclose their personal information to authorities if they are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law.