WHEN political parties take out contracts with the community, then proceed to break those contracts, they lose the trust of the electorate.
Such is the case with the Newman LNP Queensland Government and their 2012 contract promises. Newman pledged:
1. Grow a Four Pillar economy …. The LNPs growth plan is producing higher unemployment in Queensland.
2. Lower the Cost of Living by Cutting Waste…we have witnessed skyrocketing electricity prices.
3. Revitalize Front Line Services for Families… we have seen a reduction of services.
4. Restore Accountability… we have never had less accountability in government because LNP government decisions are surrounded in secrecy until after the decisions have been legislated.
How can the public be expected to trust such a process and a party that believes it was born to rule? The arrogance is breathtaking.
SHAUN NEWMAN, Deeragun
OPINION: Letters to the Editor
- Write to The Queensland Times, PO Box 260, Ipswich, Qld 4305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name, address abd a daytime telephone number for verification.
- You can SMS your views on 0428 634 025. You must start your text QT and include your name and suburb.