SIX members of Australia's under-20 surf life saving team are under suspension after allegations of drug use and assault during the Rescue 2012 World Surf Life Saving Championships in Adelaide.
The event was held from November 4-18, with the accused athletes provisionally suspended by Surf Life Saving Australia last Thursday.
In a statement on Monday, SLSA said the action was taken on Thursday last week.
"Three members from an overseas team are also alleged to be involved in the possible unlawful assaults. Their governing body has been advised by the President of Surf Life Saving Australia.
SLSA has been in contact with South Australian Police and with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).
A full SLSA judiciary has been formed consisting of three eminent lawyers, one each from Queensland, South Australia and New South Wales.
Hearings have been provisionally set for the 14th, 15th and 16th of December 2012 to resolve the allegations.
"SLSA has zero tolerance for any breaches of the law, or SLSA member protection or anti doping policies, including any use of illicit drugs during competition,'' the statement said.
"In light of possible unlawful actions on the part of members, it is not appropriate to comment further at this time.
"SLSA investigations are continuing in consultation with South Australian Police and with ASADA and according to the requirements of SLSA rules and procedures.''