SIX young people have been charged over the fourth rock-throwing incident in Cherbourg in 12 months.
On December 30, about 7pm, a police vehicle was left damaged after a group of youths, aged between 10 and 14, were allegedly throwing rocks at the vehicle and the Cherbourg police station on Fisher St.
Fortunately no officers were injured, but a police vehicle sustained broken windows and panel damage.
Police are continuting their investigation into this incident.
Another couple of rock-throwing incidents occurred on September 29 and 30.
The incident that occurred on September 29 is still under investigation, but a police vehicle sustained panel damage on Barber St, about 9.50pm.
Six youths have been charged in relation to the incident on September 30 at 11pm, where police allege a group of boys, aged between 13 and 16, threw items at a police vehicle and the station.
The boys, all from Cherbourg, have been charged with wilful damage.
And in February 2012, the South Burnett Times reported a commercial car was damaged by another rock throwing incident, again involving local youths.
But a Queensland Police Service spokesman said a number of programs had been introduced to the area to discourage bad behaviour, including an increase in police patrolling the streets.
"In partnership with Cherbourg community and other agencies, (QPS) regularly conduct meetings and engage with local youth to identify suitable programs to be implemented to assist in diverting young people from anti-social and criminal behaviour," he said.
"Cherbourg police are committed to strengthening the partnership with the local community by engaging in proactive strategies to ensure the safety and welfare of all community members."
The spokesman added since the strategies were started local police had noticed a decline in the number of incidents involving rock throwing.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.