A GATTON man drowned while trying to save his mates in dangerous surf when a camping trip to Noosa North Shore turned to tragedy.
The 21-year-old was one of five young men who attempted to ride a blow-up wading pool through the breakers at Fresh Water, south of Double Island Point, shortly after 1.30pm.
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Bulldogs ready to bite after visitors spoil weekend fundraiser
- Missing surfers family still full of hope
- Death cafes at Mullum and Byron markets
- Rainbow swim club for disabled possible in Byron Bay
- Lois Randall appointed to NSW Film and TV Industry Advisory Committee