News

Man dies after inhaling toxic fumes at home

A MAN has died after inhaling toxic fumes at home in Burpengary.
A MAN has died after inhaling toxic fumes at home in Burpengary. TREVOR VEALE/ The

A MAN has died after inhaling fumes at home in Burpengary.

Paramedics were called to Sobar St about 5pm on Christmas Eve where they found the man's body.

The man, 61, was believed to have inhaled concentrated chlorine fumes.

A Queensland Police Service spokesman said police were investigating the death but said it didn't appear to be suspicious.

Police will prepare a report for the coroner.

Topics:  christmas, queensland paramedic service, queensland police service




Join the Community.

Get your local news, your way.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

WATCH: Police release footage of armed robbery

Police release CCTV footage

Staff not injured as a result of the robbery.

Learn to empower business with guest speaker

Damian Morgan will exchange ideas with some of Ipswich's business leaders during a series of free seminars he will be holding at the Ipswich Civic Centre on Wednesday June 15.

Damian Morgan to speak at business leaders seminar

Human remains found in Laidley

Darrell Simon (File pic from 2005). Photo: Michelle Smith / The Queensland Times

Skeletal remains were found on the weekend

Latest deals and offers

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 5

Officers drag the woman back to her cell

In this video the woman drinks water from the toilet.

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 4

In this video the woman asks for water as the tap in the room is broken

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 3

In this video police continue their search and male officers are present despite...

Sale nears on last large block of land in Coolum

The 43.37ha property on South Coolum Rd has sold.

South Coolum Rd property to be land banked

Caloundra’s former Centrepoint Buffet site up for sale

FOR SALE: The home of the old Centrepoint Buffet

Restaurant fined for unhygienic practices closed months ago