FORMER All Blacks coach John Mitchell has quit as coach of Sale Sharks in the English competition to return to South Africa.
Mitchell left his position as head coach of South African side Golden Lions in November after being cleared of misconduct charges by the club.
Sale officials had hoped the 48-year-old would stay at the club permanently, but accepted he had left for "personal reasons".
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Bulldogs ready to bite after visitors spoil weekend fundraiser
- Missing surfers family still full of hope
- Death cafes at Mullum and Byron markets
- Rainbow swim club for disabled possible in Byron Bay
- Lois Randall appointed to NSW Film and TV Industry Advisory Committee