CLIVE Palmer's controversial dinosaur Jeff has joined Twitter.
@JefftheTRex is the Twitter handle for Palmer Coolum Resort's life size robotic Tyrannosaurus Rex.
It's the first of at least 160 Jurassic beasts who will take up residence at the resort.
The account started up today, ahead of the resort's last go at the Australian PGA Championships, which kicks off tomorrow.
Jeff described himself as "10 metres tall, known to roar, love golf and Professor Clive Palmer".
His location is listed as Palmer Coolum Resort.
Jeff's first tweet to the world, posted earlier today, read "Hello world. Great to be at Coolum this week. Big shout out to my man @clivefpalmer Thanks for the view of the 9th green big fella#rahhhhhh."
It's unsure who is running the account.
Follow Jeff on Twitter here.
- Hey Pete Senior, you're not the only Dinosaur here this week. Great win last week #rahhh
- Also big shout out to @pgaofaustralia and all the guys on the course this week. Love your work. #rahhh
- Can't believe they're turning me off for the tournament. Why can the crowd roar when a putt drops but Jeff is silenced #rahhh#freedomtoroar
- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr #rahhhh
- So, what's the deal with the ice age? #rahhh