COMMONWEALTH Games prospect Larissa Chambers continued her impressive form with a sprint double at the recent Queensland Secondary School Championships.
Larissa won the 17 years 100m (12.03s) and 200m (24.99s) at QE11.
This year's Oceania Games medallist was also a member of the Met West 4x100m 17-19 years relay team which finished third.
A number of other Ipswich and District Athletic Club competitors also won medals or produced personal bests. They included:
- Cassie Purdon - won the 16yrs high jump (1.70m);
- Majella Cassidy - won the 13yrs 80m hurdles (13.51s PB);
- Madeline McGuire - second in the 15yrs 400m (58.21) and 800m (2.13.67 PB);
- Tanika Marshall - second in 15yrs high jump (1.61m);
- Dayspring Koop - second in 13yrs javelin (35.51m);
- Ashlee Stieler - third in 14yrs 90m hurdles (14.03 PB);
- Emily Beston - third in 13-15yrs steeplechase (7.38.32);
- Maranatha Raeli - third in 15yrs discus (55.44m PB);
- Aaliyah Chambers - third in Met West 4 x100m relay (17-19 years team).
Athletes to impress at recent Queensland Primary School championships (10-12 years) in Cairns included:
- Rochelle Vidler - won the 11yrs discus (33.53m);
- Elizabeth Raeli - won the 11yrs long jump (4.52m).
- Annie McGuire - second in the 11yrs high jump (1.39m).
- Grace Raeli - third in 10yrs discus (31.36m).
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.