Entertainment

Halle Berry's ex charged with battery after attack

Gabriel Aubry
Gabriel Aubry Bang Showbiz

UPDATE: Gabriel Aubry has been charged with battery for attacking Olivier Martinez.

The Canadian model was booked with bail set at $20,000 once he was released from hospital, after being treated for a broken rib, facial contusions and a possible head injury, following a brawl he started with his ex Halle Berry's fiance.

Andrew Smith, Commanding Officer, LAPD Media Relations and Community Affairs Group told People: "He was booked for a private persons arrest for battery. Bail is $20,000."

The fight reportedly occurred when Gabriel was dropping his and Halle's four-year-old daughter back to her mother's house on Thursday morning (22.11.12) and Olivier tried to speak to him about the ongoing custody dispute between him and Halle.

After Olivier said to Gabriel "We have to move on," the Canadian model is said to have pushed the French actor and tried to punch him in the face but Olivier blocked it and then a full blown fight broke out.

Gabriel and Halle - who split in 2010 - have been at odds ever since she tried to convince a judge to allow her to move to France with Nahla, a move which was recently blocked by the courts.

Gabriel has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from her, their daughter and Halle's fiance Olivier Martinez.

 

EARLIER: Gabriel Aubry has been arrested for battery following a brawl with Olivier Martinez.

The model - who is the father of Halle Berry's four-year-old daughter Nahla - reportedly attacked the actress' French fiance Olivier on Thursday morning (22.11.12) when he was dropping the tot back at Halle's house but came off worse in the fight.

>>More Celebrity News

Gabriel was taken to hospital for his injuries and charged with battery, while Olivier did not need extensive medical attention for his own wounds but wants to press charges.

A source told gossip website TMZ: "Gabriel went nuts," in front of Halle and other witnesses.

The fight comes after Halle, 46, recently had her bid to move Nahla to France with her and Olivier, denied by a judge.

Gabriel, a Canadian model who lives and works in Los Angeles, had petitioned the court to stop Halle's plans as it would give him limited access to his daughter, while the 'Cloud Atlas' actress argued the privacy laws are stronger in France and would keep Nahla safe from the paparazzi.

Halle - who split with Gabriel in 2010- and Olivier, had put their wedding plans on hold while the actress focused on her custody battle.

Topics:  assault charges, brawl, gabriel aubry, halle berry, olivier martinez



Motorway delays after truck and car collide

Ipswich Motorway traffic at Goodna. Photo: David Nielsen / The Queensland Times

Woman assessed for injuries following peak-hour smash

WATCH: Police release CCTV footage of Goodna robbery

An armed robbery took place at the IGA in Goodna at 6am this morning (27-9-16).

Masked men armed with large hammer hold up store

FINALS CHAT: The AT80 team talk NRL and Bears vs Cutters

FINALS CHAT: Manager of rugby league Ipswich Brendon Lindsay joins co-host Anthony 'Bomber' Breeze, host Ben Wilmott and special guest Colin Scott this week on After the 80.

Grand final spotlight should be on NRL heroics

Local Partners

Kim Kardashian West wants restraining order against prankster

She was attacked by Vitalii Sediuk for the second time in two years

Cliff Richard to release 101st album

Sir Cliff Richard's album cover

Sir Cliff Richard is to release his 101st album

CMC Rocks faces fan backlash over date change, headliners

The 10th annual CMC Rocks festival will be headlined by The Dixie Chicks.

FANS are not happy about festival being pushed back by two weeks.

Kim Kardashian West attacked by man trying to kiss her bottom

Vitalii Sediuk targeted Gigi Hadid last week

Madonna poses naked in solidarity with Katy Perry

Madonna posted her own nude selfie on Instagram

$40million hotel, shops development project for Mackay

Mt Pleasant hotel and retirement accommodation, proposed at 194-202 Malcomson St.

$40m development to take Mackay to 'the next level'

Housing report points to a lift in local market

AFFORDABLE HOMES: First home buyers have the opportunity to purchase modern new homes in the Ipswich region for under $400,000.

Region shaping up as the "final frontier” for affordable housing

Five ways to slash household bills and save the environment

THINK GREEN: Considering the environment when building or buying your next home can save you big dollars. The Village Building Company, who is responsible for Woodlinks Village at Collingwood Park, builds homes with this front of mind.

THERE is nothing as sweet as slashing dollars from your bills.

Investors out-bid first-home buyers in booming market

Housing generic.

Ipswich's housing market is putting more cash into sellers’ pockets

Another Ripley development

THE ENTRANCE: An overview of the last planned development for the fast growing Ripley area.

85 more home lots released