News

Gas cooker explosion burns two in Moonie

THE RACQ CareFlight rescue helicopter performed a double airlift in Moonie today to rescue two people who received flash burns when their portable gas cooker ignited.

Air crewman Brian Guthrie said the crew treated and airlifted a 43-year-old male and a 53-year-old female.

"The woman suffered burns to her face and hands, and the male who has come to her aid has subsequently suffered burns to his hands and arms," he said.

"Thankfully the burns weren't too deep. We airlifted both patients to the Toowoomba Base Hospital and they were in a stable condition throughout."
 

Topics:  careflight, explosion, injury, medical




Join the Community.

Get your local news, your way.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Truck and car involved in motorway crash

Ambulance with lights on Photo Tony Martin / Daily Mercury

Expect delays on Ipswich Motorway.

Grieving family want to bury Toowoomba sisters in India

The four Mathew sisters together, with (from left) Anumol, Elizabeth, Anjumol and Asha. Anjumol and Asha died in a car crash near Ipswich.

Toowoomba sisters' tragic deaths rock community

Ipswich Motorway upgrade: 470 jobs up for grabs

The long awaited upgrade of the road from Darra to Rocklea is set to begin in full next year - but early works will start from June.

Early works on Darra to Rocklea project will start from June

Latest deals and offers

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 5

Officers drag the woman back to her cell

In this video the woman drinks water from the toilet.

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 4

In this video the woman asks for water as the tap in the room is broken

IBAC Evidence Police Bashing 3

In this video police continue their search and male officers are present despite...

Sale nears on last large block of land in Coolum

The 43.37ha property on South Coolum Rd has sold.

South Coolum Rd property to be land banked

Caloundra’s former Centrepoint Buffet site up for sale

FOR SALE: The home of the old Centrepoint Buffet

Restaurant fined for unhygienic practices closed months ago