FIRE crews were called to a Kalbar home on Saturday after two drums began emitting an unidentified gas.
Six Queensland Fire and Rescue crews including one scientific analysis crew arrived at the Oertel Rd property just after 10am.
The property owner reported gas leaking from two five litre drums in the shed.
Firefighters entered the shed wearing breathing apparatus equipment to investigate the leak.
It took four hours for crews to decontaminate the scene.
The containers were sealed so the land owner could arrange to have them removed from the property.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.