THE mother of four Sunshine Coast sisters forced to return to Italy to live with their father and his family fears they have been double-crossed by the producers of 60 Minutes.
The high-profile court battle which resulted in the sisters being sent back to Italy will be the subject of a segment on the show tonight.
But teasers on Channel 9 this week have left their mother and her family doubting their story will get a fair airing.
Promotions for the show appear to indicate that it will favour the girls' father, who won the court battle after claiming their mother abducted them.
The girls' great-grandmother yesterday said the family was "worried sick" they had been conned by Channel 9.
"THEY (60 Minutes) went to Italy and spoke to the girls' father before they interviewed their mother and it looks like they believed everything he told them," she said.
"She was terribly upset after the interview because she felt they hated her.
"We weren't promised anything beforehand, but she (journalist Tara Brown) came out attacking her right from the start.
"I think she trusted them but she is having regrets now."
In anticipation of the girls' father denying allegations against him about his treatment of her and the girls, the mother has sent 60 Minutes producers documents which she claims prove the allegations against him are true.
The girls' grandmother on Friday lost a Supreme Court action against Channel 9 to stop 60 Minutes from featuring her image in tonight's story.
She claimed she agreed to participate only if her image was not shown as she receives daily death threats from hate groups and vigilante fathers groups.
The interviews were filmed in Mildura, where the grandmother lives, because she was too sick to travel after a series of operations.
She claimed she was pressured into participating in the story, despite repeatedly telling the producer she did not wish to and originally being promised her image would not be shown.
The Daily was unsuccessful in attempts to obtain comment from 60 Minutes.