News

End of world party host swears to ‘do it better’

Even Tracy is planning his next big party. Photo Allan Reinikka / The Morning Bulletin
Even Tracy is planning his next big party. Photo Allan Reinikka / The Morning Bulletin Allan Reinikka

ROCKHAMPTON'S Evan Tracey has learnt plenty of valuable lessons after authorities shut down his end of the world party last year.

More than 500 people had turned up for the event at a friend's house at Koongal, which had been promoted beforehand on Facebook.

Now Evan, 20, is planning his next big party and promises it will be bigger and better.

The media spotlight is currently on parties promoted through social media after five teenagers, some reported to be as young as 14, were treated for alcohol-related injuries when a party promoted on Facebook went wrong.

Police are investigating after up to 1000 people converged on Tamborine Memorial Hall at Mount Tamborine on the Gold Coast for a party dubbed "Yo-Yo's Round 2".

Evan yesterday offered a message of reassurance to concerned parents.

He said for his next party, which he plans to hold in April, he was working with the police and would once again engage security guards who would not tolerate unacceptable behaviour.

Evan is currently studying public relations at university.

"The end of the world party last year was really good but needed improvements," he said.

"I've learnt a lot and now I know what to do to make this next event a safe and successful one that everyone will enjoy."

Evan said he had already started making preparations.

"I've registered the party with the police and started organising venues," he said.

"I plan to start promoting the event in the next couple of weeks after all the details are confirmed."

He also let slip that he had some big name bands on his list of DJs and acts that he hoped would be able to perform.

Evan said he understood how these events could be seen as dangerous.

"I know last year some parents were concerned about the amount of people attending," he said.

"We had security controlling the grounds and no aggressive or violent behaviour was tolerated which will be exactly the same for this one. We've registered it with police as well which means they will be patrolling the area."

A police spokesman yesterday urged anyone considering holding a party to register the event with the police service's Party Safe program.

The spokesman also warned party organisers that if they planned to charge an attendance fee, they would need approval from the relevant authorities.

People could call police for more information.

- Madeline McDonald

Topics:  editors picks, koongal, party, police, rockhampton



Car collides with police vehicle while on the run

The Queensland Police Polair 2 helicopter, which will begin operations from July 5, 2014.

Polair has been called in again after a driver evaded police.

LETTER: Time to give Muslims a fair go in our letters

Muslim Woman pray and Beautiful background.

I am at a loss to understand how Muslims are holding us ransom

LETTER: Bats were there before development

Bats on their nightly eat and feast mission.

Who allowed development in an area where the bats live?

Local Partners

Bonus point gets Dan and Carleen over the line on The Block

Dan and Carleen in their winning living and dining rooms in a scene from The Block.

BABY boomers win living and dining week as show hits halfway mark.

Olivia Wilde having a girl

Olivia Wilde revealed she is expecting a baby girl.

Michael Palin: Terry Jones dementia is 'painful' to see

Michael Palin has found Terry Jones' decline "painful to watch"

Daniel Radcliffe hoped for haircut anonymity

Radcliffe thought shaving his head would make him more anonymous

Jim Carrey slams 'shameful greed' of lawsuit

Jim Carrey has slammed the "shameful greed" of White's ex-husband.

'Highly unlikely' Brad Pitt will face prosecution

It is highly unlikely that Brad Pitt will be prosecuted

Investors out-bid first-home buyers in booming market

Housing generic.

Ipswich's housing market is putting more cash into sellers’ pockets

Another Ripley development

THE ENTRANCE: An overview of the last planned development for the fast growing Ripley area.

85 more home lots released

Property 200m from ocean selling for just over $100K

BEACHCOMBER PARK: Work has started on a new $19.2 million development at Toogoom.

The estate's developer is offering huge discounts for early buyers.

UPDATE: Former rodeo champ's sale rained out, now back on

Larkhill local Ken Consiglio is having an auction of most of the things on his property.

'People kept showing up and we had to turn them away'

First stages of $25 million housing development underway

New development on Madsen Rd - The Springs.

The blocks of land are much bigger than usual

Couple build their own 'tiny house' for $45k

Holly Bowen and Oli Bucher built their "tiny house" themselves, only hiring a plumber and an electrician. Photo/supplied

The house, which is built on a trailer and can be towed.