DANIEL Morcombe's father is reported to be meeting today with Anna Bligh's director-general and officials from Education Queensland to discuss his foundation's work.
Bruce Morcombe said earlier this week that he and wife Denise would draft a "wish list" to take to the State Government, which would include a request for funding assistance.
The Daniel Morcombe Foundation has survived almost solely on donations from the public.
Mr and Mrs Morcombe said they wanted to continue to grow the foundation, which has received huge support since the arrest of an accused murderer on Saturday night.
The Premier personally contacted the Morcombe family at the weekend following the arrest of Daniel's accused murderer.
More to come...
- Morcombe witness unreliable
- Inquest told: Daniel was body in drum
- TV report 'damaged' investigation
- Pollies to don red for Daniel
- Phone call statement changed
- Officer defends Morcombe actions
- 'Missing person bureau empty'
- Man suicided: Morcombe inquest
- 'We just want to say goodbye'
- Bus driver defends his decision
- We failed Daniel: witnesses
- 'We thought we'd found T-shirt'
- Dad recounts Daniel's disappearance
- Police slow to act: Bruce Morcombe
4 2 2
House 3 1 1