AN elderly man has been rescued from a sand cliff at Rainbow Beach.
The AGL Rescue Helicopter and Queensland Ambulance Service were called to help the man at Carlo Blow, 1km south of Rainbow.
The man was believed to be in distress but not injured.
He was being flown to hospital.
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Bulldogs ready to bite after visitors spoil weekend fundraiser
- Missing surfers family still full of hope
- Death cafes at Mullum and Byron markets
- Rainbow swim club for disabled possible in Byron Bay
- Lois Randall appointed to NSW Film and TV Industry Advisory Committee