A RARE look at an asteroid passing Earth was on offer to Aussie star gazers on Friday evening.
From about 6pm "Space rock 2010 DA14" was expected to make its way past Australia.
Spanning 50m across and travelling about 17,111 above the atmosphere, the asteroid was the closest to pass Earth in more than a decade.
While it was not visible to the naked eye, those with binoculars and telescopes were expected to be able to see the asteroid until about 10pm.
Mobile Home Fully self contained granny flat or mod homes. D.I.Y $9.5k or $12.5K ...
House 4 1 2
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Bulldogs ready to bite after visitors spoil weekend fundraiser
- Missing surfers family still full of hope
- Death cafes at Mullum and Byron markets
- Rainbow swim club for disabled possible in Byron Bay
- Lois Randall appointed to NSW Film and TV Industry Advisory Committee